The Philly Kid is an action movie produced by After Dark Films. A lot of people know this production company since they have brought every single audience a thrilling horror film every single year. They’ve started releasing their After Dark Horrorfest films as early as 2006. They are now on the verge of releasing original films that are more in the action genre just like The Philly Kid. Here’s an article to give you an overview on this new move by this production company:
“After Dark Films Present The Philly Kid As Part Of Their After Dark Action Films
After Dark Films, the same folks who bring us the After Dark Horrorfest every year, are about to branch out with another closely related genre: action. This week, in partnership with Dark Castle Home Entertainment, they have announced After Dark Action, a series of “five original, adrenaline-pumping films” that will be released simultaneously on demand and in select theatres. The movies feature an impressive line-up of stars that include Jean Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Peter Weller, James Caviezel, Harold Perrineau, Scott Adkins and Christian Slater. It certainly sounds promising, but will these movies be any better than the direct-to-video drivel that a lot of these guys have been starring in over the past decade? The full list of films is as follows:
• Transit – Starring James Caviezel, James Frain, Elizabeth Rohm, Harold Perrineau and Sterling Knight; and directed by Antonio Negret and written by Michael Gilvary
• Dragon Eyes – Starring Jean Claude Van Damme, Cung Le and Peter Weller; and directed by John Hyams and written by Tim Tori
• Philly Kid – Starring Neal McDonough, Devon Sawa and Wes Chatham; and directed by Jason Connery and written by Adam Mervis
• Stash House – Starring Dolph Lundgren, Sean Faris, Briana Evigan and Jon Huertas; and directed by Eduardo Rodriguez and written by Gary Spinelli
• El Gringo – Starring Christian Slater, Scott Adkins and Yvette Yates, directed by Eduardo Rodriguez and written by Jonathan W. Stokes
After Dark Action will hit theatres and VOD on May 11th; for more information on the films and to find out where they will be playing, visit the official site .”
The Philly Kid stars Wes Chatham as Dillon McCabe, an NCAA wrestling champion who was sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing a cop. After being paroled, he comes back to Baton Rouge to start a new chapter in his life. But before he can do this, he is once again pulled in a dilemma when his friend gets involved with a loan shark in the neighborhood. He must now fight in underground fight clubs to get the money to free his best friend. After winning three fights, he is now being asked to do lose in the last fight. How Dillon will get out of this difficult turn of events?
Audiences will have to wait and see on May 11th as The Philly Kid makes a theatrical release.
Get your daily dose of new movies, trailers, videos, pictures, movie reviews and recent news right here at New Movie Launches.