The Golden Globes will not be the same without unforgettable moments that Hollywood stars shared on stage and to audiences around the globe. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler definitely gave a standout performance as hostess for the 2013 Golden Globes. Among the few amazing moments were memorable quotes from Golden Globe winners: Daniel Day-Lewis, Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence and Quentin Tarantino. Check out what they had to say below:
“Memorable Quotes from the 2013 Golden Globes
An evening hosted by two female comics, the 70th annual Golden Globes was bound to have a few gags. But Sunday’s awards even saw a few coming from the award winners – and Presidents – themselves. Here’s the best quotes from the 2013 Globes.
1. “Are you sure there’s enough room for another ex-President on this stage? If that’s not showing off, Her Majesty the Queen of England is about to parachute in in a couple of minutes to make a last-minute pitch for Skyfall.”
Daniel Day-Lewis refers to the Bill Clinton’s presence at the Globes, and the Queen’s Olympic Opening Ceremony appearance after winning best actor for Lincoln.
2.“Ricky Gervais couldn’t be here tonight because he is no longer technically in show business.”
Co-host Tina Fey refers to the British comedian, who provocatively hosted 2012′s Golden Globes.
3. “Seriously, I hope that you’re not disappointed that there won’t be a big coming-out speech tonight, because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago, back in the Stone Age.”
Jodie Foster, who has long been rumoured to be lesbian, jokes after receiving the Cecil B DeMille award.
4. “Thank you for this lovely blunt object that I will forevermore use as a weapon against self-doubt”
Anne Hathaway, during her acceptance speech for best supporting actress as Fantine in Les Miserables.
5. “I never thought to get an award in Hollywood (from) an Austrian.”
Austrian Michael Haneke after being presented with the award for best foreign language film by Arnold Schwarzengger. His film Amour beat nominees The Intouchables and Rust and Bone to the prize.
6. “I haven’t really been following Zero Dark Thirty but when it comes to torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years”
Co-host Amy Poehler made light of the controversial depiction of torture in Katherine Bigelow’s film, Zero Dark Thirty. Cameron is Bigelow’s ex-husband, whom the director famously beat when her previous film, Hurt Locker, beat blockbuster Avatar to win best picture prize.
7. “I don’t care what the award is. When they put your name next to the names she just read off, it’s an extraordinary thing in your life. These nominees are exceptional talents. I truly, to god, never thought I would be in the same breath as them.”
A gushing Ben Affleck praises his fellow nominees after winning best film and director winner for Argo.
8. “It’s time. I have to ring (the director), tell him someone else should play the role. I’ve bitten off more than I can chew”
Australian Hugh Jackman, who won best musical/comedy actor for his performance in Les Miserables, recalled how he told his wife his doubts during rehearsals for the film.
9. “Anne Hathaway, you gave a stunning performance in Les Miserables. I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars.”
Co-host Tina Fey jokingly refers to Hathaway’s co-hosting of the 2011 Oscars with actor Franco.”
The rest of the quotes can be read at The Telegraph
Check out the complete list of “Winners of the 2013 Golden Globes” right in this blog