The dumpster fire that is the Harvey Weinstein scandal will continue to burn awhile longer, as victims and outraged industry members weigh in with statements of outrage over the sickening allegations of sexual harassment and rape. Yet, already the industry has turned to the discussion of the dire future prospects of The Weinstein Company, even after it gets a new name and Harvey Weinstein is scrubbed from the credits of films and TV projects.
Late last week, the town seemed willing to hang in with the production company if Weinstein was fired, giving co-chairman Bob Weinstein and COO David Glasser the chance to keep the company moving forward on its TV and movie projects, and keep the 190 staffers from heading to the exits. This was after the first New York Times article. But there has been one devastating blow after the other in the days following that have eroded much of that good will for a post-Weinstein rebound. The first serious wound came with Ronan Farrow’s The New Yorker article, with descriptions of rapes that were more than sickening; they were terrifying. Two days after the board of directors issued a statement that its members had no idea of the allegations of abuse by Weinstein, TNY today quoted board member Lance Maerov admitting he had heard of multiple settlements. Even though he added he believed they were for consensual affairs and the desire to eliminate legal liability (and some believe his admission got mangled in translation, because at least two of the matters were investigated by TWC’s HR department, several major agents today said they had lost faith in the company’s mixed messaging).
Agents did not want to be on record, but reactions ranged from not wanting to risk the wrath of clients in the event or more fallout by putting them into TWC projects, and others said that if there was evidence of Weinstein benefiting directly or indirectly in projects, the agencies wanted no part of it. They felt even a re-branded company will carry a tarnish, and hoped that projects would be sold off. This wasn’t unanimous; at least one said that if Bob Weinstein and Glasser could change the messaging, and make it clear that Harvey Weinstein’s indiscretions were not in fact covered up, forgiveness could come over time. […]
Colin Firths Wife Reveals She Had An Affair With Couples Alleged Stalker
Actor Colin Firth’s wife, Livia Giuggioli, an Italian movie producer and director, has confirmed she had an affair with the man she’s now accusing of stalking her and her husband.
The Firths, who’ve been together for over two decades, apparently separated for a short while a couple years back. During this time, Giuggioli began an affair with lifelongfriend and journalist Marco Brancaccia, who has launched a “frightening campaign of harassment” against the pair, who have since gotten back together, the couple’s representative said Friday.
“For obvious reasons, the Firths have never had any desire to make this matter public. A few years ago Colin and Livia privately made the decision to separate. During that time Livia briefly became involved with former friend Mr. Brancaccia. The Firths have since reunited,” a representative for the actor told HuffPost Friday in a statement.
The statement comes after reports about the allegations were made public due to leaked court documents, which possibly stem from the indictment against Brancaccia made by Italian prosecutors after the Firths lodged a harassment complaint.
“Subsequently, Mr. Brancaccia carried out a frightening campaign of harassment over several months, much of which is documented,” the statement continued. “As a consequence of his stalking, threats and refusal to desist, the legal complaint was lodged with the Italian authorities.”
The couple is based in London, but the Firths also have a home in Umbria, Italy.
Brancaccia, who works for the ANSA news agency, is now the subject of an Italian police investigation. He has denied the allegations and accused Giuggioli of fabricating the stalking claims to cover up the affair, which he says occurred between 2015 and 2016.
“We were romantically involved, she wanted to leave Colin for me,” he said in a statement to The Times published Friday morning. He added that the couple’s marriage had “been over for years.”
Brancaccia went on to claim that he only sent two WhatsApp messages to Giuggioli, as well as an email detailing the affair to Firth, who he describes as “understanding.”
“In a year she sent me hundreds of messages of love, photos and videos, even a diary,” he added.
Firth and Giuggioli share two children together Luca, 16 and Matteo, 15. The Oscar-winner also has another son, from a previous marriage to actress Meg Tilly.
Joaquin Phoenix in talks to play the Joker in 80s-set Scorsese-produced tale
The Oscar-nominated actor is reportedly the top choice for a gritty take on the Batman villain from The Hangover director Todd Phillips
Game of Thrones creators to write and produce new set of Star Wars films
David Benioff and DB Weiss take charge of films separate from the pre-existing franchise and Rian Johnsons previously announced trilogy
Good TV1 day ago
‘Saturday Night Live’ heads to Wakanda: Chadwick Boseman is set for April 7
Good TV24 hours ago
Everything we know about Season 2 of ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
New Movie News3 hours ago
Judy Garland lives again, in the form of Rene Zellweger in ‘Judy’: Photo
Good TV2 hours ago
‘Outlanders’ Season 5 confirmed by executive producer